Product Owner Opportunity
OpenApp is an innovative software company providing IT solutions primarily to the healthcare industry. A pioneer in creating patient centric, rare disease registry software, it has been developing solutions in health data analytics and intelligence including geo spatial analysis for almost two decades.
We are looking for an experienced, talented, agile Product Owner to join our team of enthusiastic Product Owners and Project Managers who will significantly contribute and support in delivering life changing solutions to patient organisations, clinical groups and the pharmaceutical industry.
You will work as part of a small, agile and expanding team of very strong Product Owners and Project Managers with your focus being on product delivery within our platform for eHealth applications. Working alongside a team of developers, you will play an integral part by managing product delivery for some of our key clients.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead and manage all aspects of a product delivery from it’s inception, supporting the sales stage, throughout the development along side the Scrum team, to the handover to the support team.
- Providing vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project.
- Lead the workshops for requirements gathering with the clients.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritise stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product and company strategy.
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories.
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on.
- Ability to work with technical teams as well as policy makers and health professionals.
- Ensure that project vision and goals are clearly defined and followed throughout project development and that key stakeholders are identified and on-boarded.
- Drives and maintains all necessary product documentation, including but not limited to, project timelines, project management plans, communication plans and risk assessment plans.
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals.
- Creation of status reports for senior management and external stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver results in a pressurised environment and to ramp-up quickly.
- Ability to travel, mostly within Europe.
- Ensure quality of deliveries together with quality assurance team in order to make sure customer’s expectations are being met.
- Ability to work with multiple products simultaneously.
- Research and analyse market, the users, and the roadmap for the products.
The successful candidate will ideally have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- 2-3 years demonstrated experience managing software products, preferably in the eHealth space.
- An undergraduate degree in computer science, Health Informatics, Life Science, Technology Management or similar field.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Capable of engaging on complex IT delivery programmes.
- Good understanding of the web and mobile applications.
- Experience in JIRA is preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
What can OpenApp offer you?
- The opportunity to work with an innovative and progressive company that makes a real difference for patients, clinical care, research and health managers
- A collaborative and flexible work environment
- Annual performance and salary reviews with career progression opportunities
- Healthcare package
- Company sponsorship of relevant training
- Paid family leave schemes (Maternity, Paternity and Adoptive leave)
- Office located centrally in Dublin City Centre – currently working from home due to COVID and post-COVID we will have remote working options
- A commitment to work-life balance and flexibility
- Cycle-to-Work scheme and Tax Saver Scheme
- Casual dress code
- Free breakfast essentials
- Regular social events thanks to our social committee!
How to Apply
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and cover letter outlining your experience and suitability for the role
- Please note that we are not welcoming any speculative applications from recruitment agencies at this time
OpenApp is an Equal Opportunity Employer