Quality Assurance Engineer
OpenApp is an innovative software company providing IT solutions primarily to the healthcare industry. A pioneer in creating patient centric, rare disease registry software, it has been developing solutions in health data analytics and intelligence including geo spatial analysis for two decades.
Are you an avid pursuer of quality? Do you have experience in the software development industry? Do you care ultimately for the end users’ experience and believe you understand their wants and needs? Are you as comfortable in deep technical conversations as business level discussions? If this sounds like you, you might just be the candidate we are looking for!
At OpenApp, we are known for innovative solutions that solve problems for a wide range of industries such as Health Informatics, Healthcare Registries, Mapping Solutions, Client Support, and Project Maintenance.
Reporting into the Quality Assurance Manager, the successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Work with the Development team throughout our Software Development Lifecycle in planning, testing tasks within sprints, reviews, and to improve their documentation and processes on new and legacy projects.
- Work with the QA Team defining processes, executing Test Runs, Reporting results.
- Work with Service Desk to review and triage end user issues, and define whether it’s an issue or request, and prioritise it’s importance.
- Expand QA Team documentation and knowledge of products.
- Design, create, and execute test cases to cover functional and non-functional requirements of development solutions.
- Analysing results and submitting observations to the development team via internal ticketing system.
- Develop debugging skills to assist the team technically.
- Triage issues received from end users.
- Communicate effectively to ensure project stakeholders are aware of the progress of ongoing testing activities.
The successful candidate will ideally have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- 3rd Level Degree in Computer Science or a related subject
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certificate
- Experience working in Quality Assurance, Software Development, and/or Support roles is an advantage
- Experience of working in Agile
- Experience with tools such as – Jira, TestRail, Zendesk, Trello, Confluence
- Expertise in creating, analysing, and executing tests on a project
- Good knowledge of general Software Development and Testing Lifecycles
- API Testing, Automated Testing, Load Testing, etc. are desirable but not essential
- Ability to use Unix Terminal, SSH, Gitlab, Python, Selenium, PostGreSQL, etc. are desirable but not essential
- Great at analysing end user issues and deep diving to find answers
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Strong time Management skills, including the ability to multi-task and context switch
- Organised and systematic approach to problem solving, debugging and analysis
- Excellent communication written and verbal, efficient and transparent
- Self driven, curious, motivated, procedural, and organised
What can OpenApp offer you?
- The opportunity to find real purpose in your career as you will be working for an innovative and progressive company that makes a real difference for patients, clinical care, research and health managers
- A collaborative and supportive work environment
- A structured annual performance and salary review process with career progression opportunities
- We encourage our people to invest in their training and development and we sponsor relevant training
- A comprehensive healthcare package
- OpenApp supports working parents through our paid family leave schemes (Maternity, Paternity and Adoptive leave)
- We are committed to ensuring work-life balance and flexible working for our employees
- Our office is located centrally in Dublin City Centre (Parnell Street) and we are currently working from home due to COVID and post-COVID we will have remote working options
- Regular social events thanks to our social committee such as Christmas parties, pizza afternoons, quizzes etc.
How to Apply
- Email email@example.com with a CV and cover letter outlining your experience and suitability for the role
- Please note that we are not welcoming any speculative applications from recruitment agencies at this time
OpenApp is an Equal Opportunity Employer