Senior Application Developer
OpenApp is an innovative software company providing IT solutions primarily to the healthcare industry.
A pioneer in creating patient-centric, rare disease registry software, it has been developing solutions in health data analytics and intelligence including geospatial analysis for almost two decades.
We are looking for a talented, passionate, committed and experienced Frontend Developer who will significantly contribute to our enthusiastic team, delivering life-changing solutions to patient organisations, clinical groups and the pharmaceutical industry.
You will be looking for an opportunity to support our Product Owners and guide other developers to ensure that the clients needs are properly understood, designed, leading the development, and will want to have pride in the delivery to the client. You will be supported by our senior architect, other senior engineers, our test team and Product Manager.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Work with the Product Owner to support the clients and their applications.
- Work with the architect to design and customize new components and the general architecture.
- Lead development and delivery to client.
- Mentor junior developers.
- Coordinate with the systems services team to deploy the solutions.
- Contribute to the product roadmap.
- As part of a scrum team you will actively collaborate from sprint planning, all the way to retrospectives.
The successful candidate will ideally have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- 5+ year’s demonstrated experience working as an application programmer / software developer
- Relevant qualification, ideally at degree level
- Significant knowledge of Django (or similar python frameworks), Vue.js (or similar) and SQL
- Ability to interpret and discuss customer functional, user experience and data requirements
- Experience of full software development life-cycle
- Experience with Agile / Scrum
- Ability to work collaboratively within self-managed, high performing teams
- Passionate about technology and an interest in developing your skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
What can OpenApp offer you?
- The opportunity to find real purpose in your career as you will be working for an innovative and progressive company that makes a real difference for patients, clinical care, research and health managers
- A collaborative and supportive work environment
- A structured annual performance and salary review process with career progression opportunities
- We encourage our people to invest in their training and development and we sponsor relevant training
- A comprehensive healthcare package
- OpenApp supports working parents through our paid family leave schemes (Maternity, Paternity and Adoptive leave)
- We are committed to ensuring work-life balance and flexible working for our employees
- Our office is located centrally in Dublin City Centre (Parnell Street) and we are currently working from home due to COVID and post-COVID we will have remote working options
- Regular social events thanks to our social committee such as Christmas parties, pizza afternoons, quizzes etc.
How to Apply
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and cover letter outlining your experience and suitability for the role
- Please note that we are not welcoming any speculative applications from recruitment agencies at this time
OpenApp is an Equal Opportunity Employer