OpenApp harness a suite of technologies and a decade of experience in creating Geographic Information Systems (GIS) that allow their clients to capture, analyse and present spatial information. We help to make data useful by freeing it from Excel tables and visualising it using cutting edge technology.
Geographic Information Systems
OpenApp’s Geo Spatial applications are award winning and underpin mission critical emergency services applications to large infrastructure management projects, monitoring national resources (motorway and primary road network).The solutions incorporate rastors (Ordinance Survey Ireland, Context Maps and Google maps) and vectors (Ordinance Survey Ireland, National Road Authority and many other agencies such as hospital locations).
These maps are given context by adding boundaries such as counties, local authorities, electoral divisions, health service (LHO, CHO, primary care and mental health). The HSE Health Atlas is one great example of this, which the HSE use to discover patterns and trends form HIPE or census data, exploring for example, correlations between coronary disease with deprivation levels. Another is the AeroMedical system which assists the Aero-Medical Services to rendezvous air and ground assets so that emergency patients are safely and rapidly transported to specialist facilities.
Geospatial Application Features
- Easily create beautiful visualisations of your information
- Thematic maps (Chloropleths) – using shading/patterns to display measurements of a statistical variable
- Geo-scatter plots where data is displayed as a collection of points
- Fixed reporting services
- Self-service reporting services Narrative report services
- Improved decision making
- Web based dashboards to share and communicate
- Real-time vehicle location services
- Strategic planning support
- Give context to your data by connecting it to public data
- Easily define catchment areas and create narrative reports of the underlying information
- Identify optimised locations (based on filters and user defined criteria)
Egis Road & Tunnel Operations (ERTO) is the operating agent responsible for managing, recording, and reporting all incidents across the over 1,200 kilometres of motorway and dual carriageways in Ireland. They do this at the Motorway Operations Control Centre (MOCC)…Read More
The right service in the right place, meeting changing requirements, growth with geographic analysis
The right service in the right place, meeting changing requirements, growth with geographic analysis. From Anecdotal to Geolocation Decision A national charity was concerned that their intervention was no longer required in the locations their offices were situated. OpenApp were approached to carry out geographic analysis and report on…Read More
Geospatial Needs Analysis = Right Service In The Right Place Historically, new mental health staff were hired on a national basis and assigned to their nearby Community Healthcare Organization (or CHOs). While additional resources were welcome, this approach ignored community need in regards to the right services provided by the…Read More