Tech workshops at OpenApp
Over the past few months technologies and frameworks covered include:
- April 18th d3.js (Data Driven Documents) and Nvd3.js (Reusable charts for D3.js)
- April 29th Django (Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines) and Test Driven Development
- May 1st Bitnami (Allowing easy deployment of applications in the cloud / VM's) and Docker (An open platform to ship and run distributed applications)
- May 8th Phonegap (Open source framework to create mobile app using standard API's across mutiple platforms)
- May 14th Django templates (provides a powerful mini-language for defining the user-facing layer of applications) and Selenium testing (browser testing)
- May 22nd Sass (Mature, stable, and powerful professional grade CSS extension language)
- May 29th AngularJS ( Superheroic Javascipt MVW framework) and Django REST (Flexible tool to build web API's)
Article published by Fiona Aherne, June 26th, 2014. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Real-World Data Collection Enables Evaluating the Safety and Effectiveness of Treatments for Spinal Muscular Atrophy
This exciting initiative combines collecting real-world patient data by neurologists, clinicians and patients to enable clinical research and engagement of spinal muscular atrophy patients receiving treatment.
SMArtCARE is a multi-year joint initiative of neurologists, paediatricians, and patients with spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). Spinal muscular atrophy refers to a group of rare genetic diseases resulting in muscle wastage and weakness. Symptom onset can be seen in both children and adults but the most severe form typically presents in children under 18 months old. Until recent treatments survival past childhood was unusual.Read More
The NF registry is a one of a kind project, where the OpenApp team worked in collaboration with CTF to develop and support a platform that meets their requirements, as a secure and effective tool to empower NF patients and their caregivers. A dedicated registry is the most efficient way to raise awareness/advocate for NF, expand the NF community, and connect to help end NF.Read More
Combining the development efforts and the ongoing maintenance of your software is key to ensuring that you have a robust and constantly improving and evolving solution.
Having a software maintenance plan is just as important as the initial development. Professionally managed maintenance allows for the continual improvement and adaptation to changing business needs and technological advancements.Read More